Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What was I thinking?

English: View of downtown Vancouver, Washingto...
Vancouver, Washington
I will be attending BYU in Provo, UT in August and starting the 2012 Fall Semester. I have lived in Vancouver, Washington my whole life. (less the two years in Long Beach, California for my mission).  I went to school here, married here, and started a life for my family here. I bought a house, even bought a rental house.  My mom was planning on moving in with us in the summer.  I even started a new promising job last year. And my wife is expecting our second child in September.  What was I thinking?
Provo, Utah

I don't want to lay out all the reasons why, but we knew it was the right thing to do. If it were someone else that said they wanted to sell their houses, quit their job, and go to a place that they've only visited, I'd tell them they are nuts. As we make plans for the greatest change in my family's life, I've come to terms that its easily the nuttiest thing I've ever done. 

I wanted to start this blog to share with you, my friends, what the next few months and years will be like for our family. Maybe you can learn from our triumphs and failures. Maybe you can give us some advice on uncluttering, moving, being a student, and living in Utah. Maybe I'll actually keep up with this blog (I've had two earlier attempts over the years).I hope you enjoy the ride.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Things I love about this post:
    1. "sell their houses"-most people usually only have to sell one
    2. you are doing something that seems nutty to even you-the biggest blessings sometimes come from our willingness to take big risks-especially if it feels right

    ReplyDelete